Before serving tinorangsak ( I prefer this pronunciation) , you’d better prepare more glasses of water for yourself, coz it’s quite hot and spicy…
This recipe is adapted from awesome book of compiled Indonesian recipes
- 1 Large Jalapeno — sliced
- 1/2 Inch Ginger — sliced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Pound Pork — cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Grass
- 1 Slice Lemon
- 2 Large Scallion — sliced
- 2 Large Shallot — sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- In food processor, blend jalapeno, ginger, turmeric, and salt to a paste.
- In a bowl, mix this with pork, lemongrass, lemon, scallions, shallots and oil.
- In a saucepan, cook mixture, covered, over moderated for 5 minutes.
- Add water and cook for 45 minutes.
- Liquid should evaporate and the meat should carmelize.
- Serve over rice.
Serve : 6